Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week #8 Library 2.0

I am surprised you did not mention the library's Texting programs, alerts and questions like Qline. This is very 2.o! Interactive information - that's what it's all about right?
  • Downloadable ebooks
  • Online Tumblebooks
  • Downloadable TV shows
  • Online account access
  • Online database access
  • Online searchable catalogue
  • Virtual classes
  • Opinion Surveys
  • But WAIT - There's More!!

OCLS has done a great job in keeping up with the technology curve. As a Techy I'm impressed, and that's saying something.

BTW - Can't wait to create and order a book from Flickr or Shutterfly for that impossible person on my Xmas list. Flickr has a downloadable software (Blurb Booksmart) that you can have full editing capabilities, Fantastic!

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

I highlighted OCLS texting in the Web 2.0 module. We just received our first online photo book and it is very cool! My sister had one made for my daughter's Flat Stanley project at school. What a great keepsake. Good luck with your project!

Tom